Friday, April 3, 2015

Things That Matter

I read a blog post this morning on Blogging Through the Fourth Dimension entitled Going Beyond the Standards.

Even though it is written from an English teacher's perspective, I think the general idea applies to all of us.

The short version is...

Create opportunities for students that matter vs. “covering” the standards and/or just surviving the last quarter.

By the way, when I look at the transformation that you guys (our teachers and staff) have made happen in the classrooms here at WJHS, I’m proud to say that I see our students doing things that matter.

Have we completely arrived?  No….but we’re getting there and I’m very pleased with the progress that we've made together and look forward to our ongoing improvement.


Have a great Friday.

Tim Sparacino, Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment